Book this course now:
Royal Icing is a skill at the heart of sugarcraft, and this class is all about mastering the basics. You may be a beginner but by the time you leave you will feel comfortable with the basic principles of Royal Icing.
- Duration: 4 hour course
- Price: £55 with cookies provided
Alternatively, you can book this course for a friend or relative by using our online form, or by purchasing gift vouchers!
During this class you will learn:
This is an intensive course which will guide you through the various skills needed in order to understand how to pipe like a pro. We will teach you how to decorate sugar cookies in a fun, modern introduction into royal icing. During your class we will teach you the following:
- How to make Royal icing
- How to judge the correct consistency
- How to make an icing bag
- Which tools and equipment are needed to make and use Royal Icing
- How to judge the correct icing tube
- Basics of writing with Royal icing
- How to pipe a snails trail and dot detailing
- The best ways to store your Royal Icing
- Royal icing flooding technique
- Talk through cookie recipe
- Other uses for royal icing in cake decorating
- We politely request that people DO NOT bring their own tools so we avoid any confusion.
- You may wish to bring your own carry container.
- All agreements are made between “you” and Sweet Serenity Cakes.
- All bookings are subject to availability. Sweet Serenity reserves the right to withdraw a product or package at any given time. In this case any outstanding bookings will be given the choice of an alternative product of equal or higher value or a full refund.
- Your time and date is pre-booked. As the kitchen is reserved for a specific time, late arrival will result in a reduced class time.
- If you fail to show up for your class without letting us know no refund or rescheduling will be applicable.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate allergies and dietary requirements on group courses.
What you will be able to take away:
A beautiful set of Royal Iced cookies along with a comprehensive fact sheet describing all the techniques, equipment and recipes that you have used throughout your class.