Book this course now:
For those that want to learn more about the decorating side of things, this Finding Nemo Cake Course will teach you the techniques you need to model ‘Nemo’ from the popular children’s film and decorate a cake like the colourful underwater world he lives in.
- Duration: Two day course (3 hours per Saturday)
- Option to bring your own cake to decorate
- Price: £150 with dummy cake provided
Alternatively, you can book this course for a friend or relative by using our online form, or by purchasing gift vouchers!
During this class you will learn:
We will provide you with a ready-made dummy cake, in order for you to get stuck into the modelling and decorating. Our expert model maker, will break down the steps required and teach you all the tricks of the trade behind creating novelty scenes.
- Discussion about different pastes types
- Moulding, shaping and drying methods
- Order of work and what can be created ahead of time
- Day 1 – beginning stages of modelling nemo, sea weed, shells, coral etc
- Day 2- dusting, painting, putting together and finishing touches
- Tools, techniques, basic piping work and equipment
HINT! You can even use what you learnt in this course to create a finding nemo birthday cake, by using the cake dummy you create as the top tier! You can create the rest of the cake at home and practice your new skills!
- Cakes provided by the customer must be a 6” round cake covered and set ready for the class.
- We suggest you aim for a cake of approximately 3-4” in height to make best use of the class.
- We suggest the cake is covered in blue/sea green to tie in with the theme.
- There is no time in the course to fix cakes that are incorrectly covered. (We may be able to disguise mistakes in the class with decoration)
- We politely request that people DO NOT bring their own tools so we avoid any confusion.
- You may wish to bring your own carry container.
- All agreements are made between “you” and Sweet Serenity Cakes.
- All bookings are subject to availability. Sweet Serenity reserves the right to withdraw a product or package at any given time. In this case any outstanding bookings will be given the choice of an alternative product of equal or higher value or a full refund.
- Your time and date is pre-booked. As the kitchen is reserved for a specific time, late arrival will result in a reduced class time.
- If you fail to show up for your class without letting us know no refund or rescheduling will be applicable.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate allergies and dietary requirements on group courses.
What you will be able to take away:
You will take away a decorated 6” cake dummy to show your friends and family your achievements. We will also provide you with a comprehensive fact sheet describing all the techniques, equipment and recipes that you have used throughout your class.