Book this course now:
Getting a smooth finish on a cake is one of the most important elements in any decorated cake. Come in and have a go with us and we will teach you the tricks of the trade and how to achieve that professional finish in our Cake Filling and Covering Course.
- Duration: 2 hour course
- Price: £40 or £55 with cake 8” round cake provided
Alternatively, you can book this course for a friend or relative by using our online form, or by purchasing gift vouchers!
During this class you will learn:
An intensive course teaching you the foundations of cake decorating, from start to finish we will guide you through making a simple sponge cake into a beautifully iced celebration cake ready for decorating. In your class you will learn the following;
- How to level and fill a cake
- How to crumbcoat and why we crumbcoat
- Different filling options and when we use them
- Which tools and equipment are needed to cover your cake
- How to ice a cake to a smooth finish
- How to ice a board
- The best way to store your cake
Hint! Once you have covered your cake you can go home and eat it! Alternatively you can give it as a gift, we have a range of adorable cake toppers for sale!
- Cakes provided by the customer must be an 8” round cake, baked in two halves.
- Please leave cakes uncut and not trimmed in order to make best use of the course.
- Please ensure all cakes are cooled in time for your course start time.
- We politely request that people DO NOT bring their own tools so we avoid any confusion.
- You may wish to bring your own carry container.
- All agreements are made between “you” and Sweet Serenity Cakes.
- All bookings are subject to availability. Sweet Serenity reserves the right to withdraw a product or package at any given time. In this case any outstanding bookings will be given the choice of an alternative product of equal or higher value or a full refund.
- Your time and date is pre-booked. As the kitchen is reserved for a specific time, late arrival will result in a reduced class time.
- If you fail to show up for your class without letting us know no refund or rescheduling will be applicable.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate allergies and dietary requirements on group courses.
What you will be able to take away:
You will take home your perfectly iced cake as well as a fact sheet describing all the techniques you learnt during your class.