Book this course now:
One of the most popular designs we have ever made, this 3D Minion Cake Decorating Course will teach you everything you need to know in order to create a cheeky minion cake. This is an intensive, intermediate course aimed at those who have already mastered some of the skills necessary to cover and shape cakes.
- Duration: 7 hour (1 day) course
- Break for Lunch with light refreshments included
- Price: £150 with cake provided
Alternatively, you can book this course for a friend or relative by using our online form, or by purchasing gift vouchers!
During this class you will learn:
In this course we will teach you how to design, shape and decorate your very own minion. Starting with the basics of sponge types, fillings and shaping, you will move on to paste types, basic modelling and a discussion about personalising your minion. We do not use dummy cakes in your class to ensure you are learning all the skills you need for the future.
- Sponge types and internal structural support
- Learning how to make and use ganache
- Discussion about ganache versus using buttercream
- Discussion about other covering methods for taller cakes
- Practicing on real cake to learn correct techniques, common issues and how to fix errors
- Discussion about when to use dummy cakes in the design
- Decorate the minion pictured and discuss how to personalise
- Paste types to use when decorating your cake
- We politely request that people DO NOT bring their own tools so we avoid any confusion.
- You may wish to bring your own carry container. Please note, it will need to be tall.
- All agreements are made between “you” and Sweet Serenity Cakes.
- All bookings are subject to availability. Sweet Serenity reserves the right to withdraw a product or package at any given time. In this case any outstanding bookings will be given the choice of an alternative product of equal or higher value or a full refund.
- Your time and date is pre-booked. As the kitchen is reserved for a specific time, late arrival will result in a reduced class time.
- If you fail to show up for your class without letting us know no refund or rescheduling will be applicable.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate allergies and dietary requirements on group courses.
What you will be able to take away:
You will take away your wonderful minion cake, decorated and ready to be given as a gift or enjoyed yourself. We will also provide you with a comprehensive fact sheet describing all the techniques, equipment and recipes that you have used throughout your class.